Now that many spots in Northern Thailand have ended up being commercialized by tourism how does one get to see the real side to this country? Well, there are still chances that exist for this sort of experience, a little bit of time and study can help you get off the tourist path. Here are some suggestions:
1. As a basic rule, the more away you endeavor from commercial locations, the more likely you are to find natural and authentic locations that continue to be true to Thai culture and lifestyle.
2. It does not take a lot to reach these locations, simply an hour outside of Chiang Mai you can be in the rural areas. There are regular public buses to Mae Hong Son and Chiang Rai, if public transportation is not for you then I would recommend working with a vehicle and guide.
3. Remarkably working with a driver, and a vehicle is only a little more pricey than driving yourself. In addition to this a guide can be worked with for around 800baht a day.
4. Although employing a guide costs a little bit more, their contribution to an authentic experience can be invaluable.
5. Without a guide, your travel will most likely be just observatory, losing out on a great deal of valuable information and cultural insight. A guide not only serves as a translator but an important and instructional source of info. An excellent guide will certainly have the ability to offer viewpoints and details outside of what you can check out in a travel book.
6. Thailand is renowned for its friendliness sand hospitality. A friendly encounter with a local can become an invite to his home, and there you have it an authentic experience right before you.
7. Walk down the little lanes that run off the main roadways called ‘Sois’ look carefully, and you will certainly discover intimate aspects of regional life. You can also find a family friendly restaurant in Chaing Mai Thailand.
8. Homestays are also a fantastic way to experience how residents live. Many now offer homestays with a Thai households or in a hill tribe village. This accommodation option is often more affordable than remaining in basic hotels but offers a much richer experience.
9. Take a trip to the local markets that are a fantastic introduction to local food and produce. The Thais love their markets, at least a handful can be found in every town.
10. A typical cause of why people do not endeavor further afield is that they do not have adequate time, so consider travel time to go off-the-beaten-path. Having some time will certainly bring you a quality experience.